01 February, 2011

Sowing Chilis

I picked up the seeds from the UK this morning on my way to school. I'll introduce the different varieties later.

I stopped by a garden center on my way home to get some supplies. What I had was mainly good for regular potted plants.

I chose the lazy version, so I didn't get dirt all over the apartment this time. Good thing, really. I was cleaning out the kitty litter pan and Hyssing jumped into it and emptied the ENTIRE thing all over the livingroom.. Had to run and get out the vacuum to prevent the kitties from deciding the entire livingroom was their new bathroom while I was away. Why do these things always happen when you are on your way out?
All nicely soaked with hot water, seeds are in and they've been lightly covered and placed in a cupboard on the bathroom floor. I hope the heated floor underneath will provide the necessary temperature to germinate these seeds. I had only 8 seeds of the Lemon Drop and Nepalese Bells varieties, so I've sown all of those, and half or less of the Jalapeno and Filius Blue. So at least I have something to fall back on if these fail.

Oh.. and here's another pretty winter sky picture! :)

Ane

6 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

Thats a cool growing process!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Good luck with those seeds - hope you get lots of plants. What a gorgeous sky!!! We are in the midst of a blizzard here so no plants growing:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Two French Bulldogs said...

Wow we are excited to see your garden grow. Did momma dump the kitty litter?
Benny & Lily

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry interesting!

Pawesome sky too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Molly the Airedale said...

Our dad uses those soil bullet thingys too. How exciting it will be to see germination!
Your winter sky picture is stunning!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Anna the GSD said...

Interesting experiment! But Bajas, keep the kitties away from the little plants! Kitties like to eat plants...silly kitties!