13 October, 2010

Exam time..

I've got an exam tomorrow. That's my excuse for why the boys and I have been MIA lately. It's my biodiversity class. It's really interesting - but it's a LOT of species to recognize. We've made flash cards with all the species.. and just plants are around 170, then add fungi, mosses, lichen, marine and terrestrial invertebrates and vertebrates... We need to identify the species (including their phylogeny, where they are placed in the tree of life, and there are a LOT of levels for some of them) + know where they live, special adaptations and so on.

Photobucket

But the real point of this post is to show this shot I took yesterday.. I had a little giggle at my view.. that's what it's like when you're a biology major..

Photobucket

Hope you've all had a nice Wednesday. It's 10.36 PM here and I've just gotten home from school. Please cross your fingers before going to bed tonight that I'll get species I know - we only get a total of 40 species from the several hundred we've got to know.. (And some are hard to tell apart.. )

Ane

8 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Lots of good wishes coming your way t do a good job - that doesn't look like a lot of fun.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh that sounds like a tough exam! We are sending lots of purrs and crossing our paws that you will do well and get easy ones on the test!! Good Luck!

Molly the Airedale said...

Our paws are crossed that you do very well on your exam tomorrow!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Paws khrossed fur great results!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh lady.....that is so easy!!! First picture are flowers, the next picture bones.
Benny & Lily

Dexter said...

That is a lot to learn! My DOH can't even remember the names of the flowers in our garden. Good luck!

Slobbers,
Mango

Anna the GSD said...

Mmmm....look at those bones!!!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine!!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi ane!
we know you will do great!
we are so proud of you!
xoxoxo
m & e