19 January, 2008

Feeling better

(Fanta on the mean stairs)

Hi guys!
Just wanted to say thanks for all your comments - I'm feeling a whole lot better today. My three nurses kept me company on the couch all last night and today I'm able to fully extend my elbow again 'cause the swelling has come down (most of it, anyways). I'm a bit blue here and there but I'm heading off for work soon and I don't think that will be a problem. I sure hope not!

It's the third time I fall down these stairs (first time; dislocated shoulder, second time; overexctended ankle) *sigh* I've got to learn how to be even more careful (they're really slippery)... I'm wife beater material - with my statistics everybody would believe "she fell down the stairs" ROFL...

Ane aka The WriggleButtMom

PS: Just want to comment on something. These stairs are a work in progress and sort of difficult to go down (now - they've changed since the picture was taken) and have just recently been painted and no "anti slip" stuff can be added until after the second coat of paint. The first coat was added when we went away for New Years and the next one can't be added until we go away again, since the dogs are unlikely to keep from going out until the paint is dry... ;) I'm just going to have to keep working on my climbing skills.. ROFL..

6 comments:

Nevis said...

I'm SO glad to hear you're feeling marginally better....have you ever thought about buying those little rugs you put on stairs to give you more traction..?

dog face girls said...

Oh goodness..You must be careful aroung those stairs. Hope you heal quickly.

Nearly

Maya and Kena said...

Glad to know you're feeling better!!
Hope they get the second coat of paint on soon so that the anti slip stuff can be put on!
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

Daisy said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. It does seem like it would be very hurty to fall down those mean stairs. My Mommie fell down our staircase a few months ago and landed on her tailbone. She said it hurt for about 6 weeks! Stairs can be bad.

Lorenza said...

Glad to hear that your are feeling better. this was the third time?? Mean stairs! Sure i hope you can put the next coat and something that avoids falls from it!
Take care
Lorenza

Patience-please said...

We have Killer Stairs in our house, too, and I have to carry Very Old Dog down them. I am so afraid that I will fall and land on him...
So glad you are feeling better.

Patience and the waggle