We loved the Christmas MeMe we saw at Eduardo's and Roxy's so we wanted to play too! Well.. I did, Virus doesn't know a thing about Christmus yet!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Brown paper/old newspaper/brown paper bags. It's brown paper this year - I'm sure Mom will show it off once they're all wrapped. She's a bit obsessed about not using regular wrapping paper for Christmas. It creates SO MUCH TRASH! Ordinary wrapping paper is very low quality and high in ink and you can't burn it or recycle it...
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. Not that we actually have one at home, but we're excpecting Grandpa to have a real one. Last year he actually BORROWED a tree on root from his colleague who's also a Christmas tree farmer! We're not sure if he gave it back or kept it outside on his porch, but either way it should be a real one. Mom love the smell of the real thing!
3. When do you put up the tree? There's only one day to put up and decorate the tree! December 23rd!
4. Wreath on your door? Nope.
5. Do you like eggnog? I haven't tried it (nor have Mom).
6. Favourite Christmas gift received as a child? Well.. This is for Mom to answer.. She would guess, being the nerd she is, the kid's microscope she got one year. BOL!
7. Easiest person to buy for? Mom's friends, like Auntie Anna.
8. Least easiest? Grandparents.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No.. We hardly have any Christmas decorations at home.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.. or at least actual, physical cards. We tend to hand them out and not actually send them in the mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Apparently it can't be that bad, because I can't remember.
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? It's not actually about Christmas, but on Christmas Eve the Czech movie "Tři oříšky pro Popelku" is shown on Norwegian national TV. The translated title is "Three nuts to Cinderella" and it's a Bohemian version of Cinderella. You can see a collage of clips and hear some of the music here:
that song is Christmas for Mom! (The Norwegian version is quite simpel, having a Norwegian narrator speaking ALL VOICES on top of the Czech voices.. LOL! But having gotten used to that from Childhood it's all forgiven..)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November - when the massive commercials begin I have to be finished, or I loose all Christmas Spirit.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably!
15. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? Christmas Eve, of course, like all do here.
16. Lights on the tree? Lights on, but not actual burning candles.
17. Favourite Christmas song? I'm not too fond of "modern" Christmas music. But here's another old Christmas movie song :)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Since Grandpa and Grandma split up we go to either one, this year we'll be with Grandpa.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? It's not traditional Norwegian kid's knowledge, so we wouldn't have a chance.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Clementines and nuts... unfortunately you can't get Brazil nuts anymore.. (Only the pre-shelled ones, and they're not very tasty).
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Commersials giving off the idea that if you don't get your five year old a huge flat screen tv for Christmas he or she will likely hate you forever. ;)
23. Favourite Tree ornament, theme or colour? Well it's gotta be red. Like anything else.. LOL...
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Roast reindeer, potatoes, gravy, carrots and brussel sprouts.
25. Brussels Sprouts - love or hate them? Well as indicated above I love them - as long as they're grown in Norway or any other country that grow the sweet ones. There's two kinds, you know ;)
26. Favourite accompaniment to the Christmas Pud? Haven't ever tried that, either. And I'm certainly not going to.
27. Favourite Christmas Carol? Balulalow from Benjamin Brittens Ceremony of Carols.
28. Your very Favourite Christmas Thing? I just love having time with Mom. Mom's very favourite thing at Christmas is sitting up alone, in the dark livingroom only lit up by the light on the Christmas tree. Truly peaceful Christmas!
29. A Christmas wish! Happiness to all - and the extra energy to do something for someone else.
30. Tag a Seasonal Six! Anyone who wants to who hasn't, go ahead!