24 June, 2008

My other park

On the oposite side of the park by the river is an area mainly reserved for people wanting to do sports.. Several soccer fields are marked up, plus spaces for beach volley(or do you call it something else if there's no water in sight?)
There's a path around the entire thing, so I took mom walking around it to see how large it actually is.
Checking my pee-mail
Rather nice and sunny today, but it's still rather chilly..
See the kids playing in the distance? It was a rather nice play area there, too.
We walked all the way to the end there and then back on the other side, so we walked the entire path. At the end there we found a nice little fruit/veg shop so mom is likely to return there to have a look around. I'd much rather have found a butcher shop!!
We have no idea what these flowers are called in English, but if you'd translate their Norwegian name literally they would be called Dog Biscuit.

Want one? Mom said...
No thanks... No way I'm eating flowers, are you stupid woman???
A row of maples on the other side.. Mom love maple trees and can't wait to see their lovely colours this fall.

Hope you all have good Tuesdays. Mom have the day off, so mine is looking pretty good so far. I'm back from my walkie and as soon as I post this I'll go back to watching the neighbourhood from the back of the couch.

Bajas

8 comments:

Wuffstuff said...

A nice blog with lovely pictures.

Hi from www.wuffstuff.com, the social network for dog owners and dog lovers.

We're looking for members with quality dogs and 'tails' to tell to add stuff to our dog lovers site.



Hope you have time to have a look at us.


Cheers
Steve
www.wuffstuff.com

Patience-please said...

Oh what we would give for "a little chilly"!!! It is hot hot hot here and getting hotter.

Have a good Tuesday!

wags from the whippets

Clover said...

Hi Bajas!
Beautiful park! Every time I see your pictures I want to come visit!
Hope you have a great day off with your mom!
Love Clover xo

Daisy said...

I think that looks like the perfect place to go for a stroller ride!

Asta said...

Bajas
That pawk looks lovely..and we could use some of the little chilly awound hewe too, hehehe...I like youw giwaffe and Hippo fwiendses..and that flowewe pictoowe wif you is fabulous! , but I think a nice meaty bone would taste bettew..I hope you continue to have a gweat day
smoochie kisses
ASTA

The Devil Dog said...

That looks like a beautiful park and a lovely walking area. It is always fun to watch the neighborhood. I love being in mom's arms, though. Like I am now. It makes it hard for her to type, but since I am ON her left arm and not her right, it is not too bad.

Roxy

Joe Stains said...

omdog that park looks so nice, especially with the blue sky and fluffy clouds. I can't even remember CHILLY it has been so hot here!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bajas!
That place looks great for a long walkie! Can I come to visit you? We don't have those places here!
That flower has a funny name... Dog Biscuit!
Glad you enjoy a good time with your mom!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza